Layout issues

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sat Sep 4 08:01:51 PDT 2004

M.Canales.es wrote:

>LaTeX is a very obscure language to me. That file is plenty of lines like

Oh no!  This isn't obvious?   :))

>\def\UrlBreaks{\do\.\do\@\do\/\do\!\do\%\do\;\do\]\do\)\do\,\do\?\do\+\do\=}%
>
>What means this? Can this be translated to XSL sintaxis? Rely this in a
>feature of the LaTeX processor? Is that feature supported by the FOP
>processor?

It is defining a macro UrlBreaks.  The macro repeatedly calls the macro
do with a parameter

\do\.
\do\@
\do\/
\do\!
\do\%
\do\;
\do\]
\do\)
\do\,
\do\?
\do\+
\do\=

Which are delimiters in a URL according to the HTTP standard.  I'm not
sure about ) or ].  The final % measns comment to end of line.

You have to follow up with how the 'do' macro is defined.

  -- Bruce