Suggestion for book re Vim

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sun Sep 5 11:45:06 PDT 2004

Carl Sopchak wrote:
> The vim download page had the "complete" tarball, as well as the
> pieces broken into floppy-sized tarballs: 2 runtime, 2 source...

Yes, but doesn't the file size on the download page say something about
which one to get?

No, it's probably not obvious enough...  I was thinking that we listed
the actual filename on the download page, but we don't (probably in an
attempt to avoid telling people that they need to use .tar.bz2 or
.tar.gz files when they may not want to, but I'm not sure).