LFS 6.0 Book CD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 5 16:08:59 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 23:36 +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
> > Chris Lingard wrote:
> >
> >> Also zhcon for Chinese support
> >
> > Please drop it, or make a note that Chinese never worked well with BLFS.
> > There is even a note on the glibc page that LFS should not be used in
> > locales which utilize multibyte characters.
>
> No.  If I can help spread Linux then I will do it.

Um. I think Alexander makes a good point.  At the least we should
include a note.

But, remember, this is a cd for the LFS Book.  An English-only book
right?  (Unless I missed a note somewhere...) So what harm is there in
including only English tools for a cd that accompanies a book printed
only in English?

Am I wrong?

We could always do another cd useful to more people, although I admire
your goal to reach out to everyone.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net