Chapter 6: perl installs manpages in /tools

Laurens Blankers lblankers at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 7 11:54:40 PDT 2004

David Jensen wrote:

> it appears testing has the same chroot and perl commands?

After running Configure and manually adjusting the paths I can't
reproduce the problem anymore.

It is possible that I forget to remove the source directory used in
chapter 5 and it was some kind of caching problem, but I can't reproduce
that situation either:

If I start with an clean perl source, configure it with prefix /usr,
make and install it and then run configure with prefix /dummy the /dummy
is totally ignored. If this was the original problem, I would expect the
configure script to install the perl binary in /dummy and the man pages
in /usr.

If I find a way to reproduce this I will let you know.

Laurens