Text removed between LFS 5.1 and Testing

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Sep 9 15:35:01 PDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:38:12 +0200
"M.Canales.es" <manuel at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> El Jue 09 Sep 2004 23:24, Jeremy Utley escribió:
>
> > Shortly before the release of LFS 5.1, I added a paragraph to the
> > rebooting into LFS page, providing the first time LFSer with a
> > little
> > bit of warning regarding what their newly compiled LFS system would
> > consist of, and offering a few minor suggestions of packages from
> > BLFS
> > that might be useful after that first reboot.  This was in response
> > bug 791, Better documenting the end result.  I was looking at
> > testing
> > for the first time in a while the other day (I've been focusing
> > mostly
> > on work on unstable lately), and I notice that this text has been
> > removed in the testing version.
>
> Removed, not. Looking at the CVS and SVN logs, that text was added to
> the b5_1
> branch at the last minnute before 5.1 release, but never was merged to
> HEAD
> and maybe Gerard don't know about it :-/

/me takes foot out of mouth, and spits out the crow feathers.  I didn't
even think about this!  I remember adding it to testing at the last
minute, but didn't even stop to think that it never got brought back to
HEAD.  I apologize profusely for not doing my homework on this one.

> > I'd really like to see that text go
> > back in, because it does help the first time LFSer to realize a
> > couple
> > of things.
>
> I agree, that paragraph is good. IMHO, it should be readded to
> testing.

And to ensure this never happens again, I'll add it into unstable as
well.

Thanks for the cluebat, Manuel!

-J-