Text removed between LFS 5.1 and Testing

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Sep 9 21:08:44 PDT 2004

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:25:56 -0600

> On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 16:35, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> I can see if it can be added to the book now (ie if there is time to
> properly edit it).
>
> I think we can still do it. I'm still waiting on the section regarding
> the bootcd explanation so I can take both pieces, edit them and put
> them
> into the book.

Shouldn't be too difficult.  The section I'm referring to is only one
paragraph, and reads pretty well already:

From:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter09/reboot.html:
---------
 Now that all of the software has been installed, it is time to reboot
your computer. However, you should be aware of a few things. The system
you have created in this book is quite minimal, and most likely will not
have the functionality you would need to be able to continue forward. By
installing a few extra packages from the BLFS book while still in our
current chroot environment, you can leave yourself in a much better
position to continue on once you reboot into your new LFS installation.
Installing a text mode web browser, such as Lynx, you can easily view
the BLFS book in one virtual terminal, while building packages in
another. The GPM package will also allow you to perform copy/paste
actions in your virtual terminals. Lastly, if you are in a situation
where static IP configuration does not meet your networking
requirements, installing packages such as dhcpcd or ppp at this point
might also be useful.

Now that we have said that, lets move on to booting our shiny new LFS
installation for the first time! First exit from the chroot environment:
--------

Maybe a few of the more proper english experts here can assist in
cleaning that up a little :)

-J-