Glibc configure options in unstable

Kev Buckley k.buckley at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Sep 10 06:32:53 PDT 2004

> This has been mentioned before, but in the unstable branch of the book,
> the text is not being actively kept in line with the commands.  Unstable
> is meant to be a playground, and as such, may be broken at any time as
> we experiment.  We try to keep breakage down to a minimum, but it does
> occur.

I think the answer that is being looked for here is to the question:
do you always break it in the same way though ?

To put that another way, should one trust the commands, or the text,
where the differ, when playing with a given unstable version ?

I would guess the commands but it would be just a guess.

Presumably, as with much of software development, you type some
commands and, if they are found to work, you add those to the unstable
book and you "document" later, no ?

all the best,
Kevin

--
Regards,

*  Kevin M. Buckley              e-mail: K.Buckley at lancaster.ac.uk   *
*  Systems Administrator                                             *
*  Computer Centre                                                   *
*  Lancaster University          Voice:  +44 (0) 1524 5 93718        *
*  LANCASTER. LA1 4YW            Fax  :  +44 (0) 1524 5 25113        *
*  England.                                                          *
*  My PC runs Linux/GNU, you still computing the Bill Gate$' way ?   *