Bugzilla status

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 10 10:33:24 PDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:25:32 -0700
Jeremy Utley <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:

> Bug 853 - Documentation on Udev configuration - For a while, there
> wasn't a whole lot of documentation available on Udev, since it is
> rather new.  However, yesterday while doing some looking around, I came
> across a Gentoo page that goes into Udev configuration in depth.  This
> should come as no surprise since the guy who wrote Udev is also a Gentoo
> developer, IIRC.  This page is located at:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/udev-guide.xml

Thanks for that.  Having read it quickly, it would appear that only section 1 of that would be useful to us, and is probably suitable for being merged in some way into our current history/explanation of udev's workings.  It doesn't actually go into udev's _configuration_ too much from what I gathered - it really just explains how it _works_.  That said though, it's arguable that until one understands how something works, you'll unlikely be able to configure it fully anyway.  After all, configuration of udev only comes down to 3 files (/etc/udev.conf /etc/udev/*.{rules,permissions}.  Understanding how udev works will no doubt lead to a better understanding of why those files are required, and how to populate them to meet one's needs.  The separation of udev's component parts in that gentoo doc was particularly useful IMO.

> Bug 855 - Use of RelaxNG for docbook validation - this is on indefinate
> hold for version 5.0 of the Docbook DTD, which isn't expected anytime
> soon.

Yep, still waiting on upstream - plus the fact that Oasis have taken their powers of producing anything other than "Drafts" away from them :(

> Bug 893 - Texinfo Segfault - This is currently classified as P5, but I
> would consider it a blocker - we already have a patch for it in
> unstable, coming from upstream.  We only need to add this patch into
> testing.

+1 for this bugfix - Gerard have you done this, are you planning to, or can I do it?

> And that's it currently.  I'd say we're in a pretty good position!

Definitely - thanks for the nice status update!

Matt.