flex 2.5.31

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Fri Sep 10 14:52:29 PDT 2004

Tobias Gasser wrote:
> ok. so i'll use -O2 to have the default value. maybe we should add a
> comment in the book to have a -O2 in CFLAGS when CFLAGS is defined
> explaining what happens otherwise.

Or -O1, or -O, or -O3.  Doesn't matter what you use, as long as
__OPTIMIZE__ is defined by gcc (so the -O level has to be above zero).

Or, we could add the extra #include to the flex patch that we use already.

Or, we *could* patch gettext to always include <locale.h> (but I'm
guessing that it's a bug in flex, not gettext: according to my
setlocale() manpage, you need to #include <locale.h> before calling
setlocale()).

I think we ought to add this to the flex patch, myself.