Change kernel source to prevent hotplug?
Jörg W Mittag
Joerg.Mittag at Web.De
Sat Sep 11 08:19:47 PDT 2004
Laurens Blankers wrote:
> Jörg W Mittag wrote:
>> Even Simpler Example 2: udev tries to create a device node in /dev *on the
>> harddisk* but the / filesystem is read-only.
> Oke, it get the problem. But this is only a problem if /sbin/hotplug
> exists and it doesn't on a plain LFS system, right?
That depends on your definition of "plain LFS system". It *does* exist in
current unstable LFS, which means it very likely *will* exist in LFS 6.1.
> Is there a way to solve this problem without modifying the kernel
- install hotplug under a different name,
- install hotplug in a different directory,
- do not install hotplug at all,
- configure your kernel without hotplug, (not 100% sure about this one)
- find the "correct" solution and mail it to linux-kernel to get this
issue fixed once and for all.
Anything I missed?
checking for intelligent life... not found
More information about the lfs-dev