vulnerable zlib in testing?

Laurens Blankers lblankers at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 12 08:12:19 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> I will rebuild module-init-tools after updating zlib, although I rarely
> use modules so it's not a big concern.

That reminds me, I do use modules and I don't like the fact that such a
critical tool is statically linked to zlib. But that can be easily fixed
by passing '--disable-zlib' to configure.

I don't know how many people use compressed modules, but I am guessing
very few, if you are compiling LFS with a low disk footprint there are
beter solutions (compile in kernel, cramfs).

So how about adding the option to the LFS book?

Laurens