Version 6.0-testing-20040912 Ch 5 build failure: glibc

Kevin White kwhite at kevbo.org
Mon Sep 13 08:56:00 PDT 2004

Sheesh.

You people will kill me.

As I'm short on machines here to do everything I need to do, I put a
test install of Oracle 9.2.0.4 on my build machine.  I thought I'd kept
the things separate enough (and shut Oracle down before I started a
build), but some of the environment vars that were set for Oracle
managed to sneak into the build env.  They wouldn't be there in phase2,
but were still there in phase1.

Getting rid of them fixed the problem, but I need to fix my build
scripts to clear out the environment in phase1 too.

Sorry for the noise.

FWIW, I think the problem was one of these:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
export THREADS_FLAG=native

Kevin