Manuel -- outstanding layout issues

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 13 12:07:43 PDT 2004

El Lun 13 Sep 2004 17:24, Gerard Beekmans escribió:
> On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 15:26, M.Canales.es wrote:
> > Simplified the tagging. As a note, the "condition" attribute can be used
> > inside any tag, not only {phrase} ;-).
>
> It might be a good idea for you to write down exactly where the custom
> tags and attributes can be used.
>
> > Solved. Only is needed to add the tags to their proper places ;-)
>
> Again documenting that would be helpful.

Sure, the list of personalized tags is growing very fast. A README is needed
before I also forgot how to use some of them ;-)

> That's not proper. sect1's font must be smaller than the title, sect2
> smaller than sect1 and so forth.

Yes, that is the proper way.

> Bruce posted a formula that is often
> used so you don't have to hard-code every size.

In the original DocBook-XSL that math is used only for secX titles, all other
titles (book, part, chapter, appendix, index) are hardcoded to 24.8832pt.
IMHO, it's a bug :-/

> Please make a similar
> change so all headers are different sizes again. If that's hard to do,

It's very easy to do, only need to change the value of

{xsl:param name="body.font.master"}10{/xsl:param}

in lfs-pdf.xsl.

Changing it to "9" is enought to obtain the dessired effect, and now the title
for sect "7.4. Device and Module Handling on an LFS System" is also in one
line.

But if you want that change, many of the current {beginpage/} tags must be
removed and readded to the new proper places.

> change the title font back to the original 24.88pt. It's better to have
> the title wrap to a second line than having the wrong header sizes
> throughout.

Say me what of the two options you like.

- --
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº 2886:		http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
TLDP-ES					http://es.tldp.org