Bug Found, 6.0-testing-20040910

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 13 12:16:46 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 12:27, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> Does that mean that we'll have to ship with a vulnerable zlib (bug #899
> )? If so I think the least we can do is put a prominent warning in the
> book.

Let me put it this way. The book won't be delayed if packages are
changed now. The patch can be added but there isn't going to be
additional testing. The layout is almost finished, there are a couple
things Manuel will work on and that wraps up the book. RC will be
released and gives us a week or so to catch the bugs. I suppose that
week should be enough to make sure those two simple patches (the zlib
one and then a util-linux one to replace the sed) actually work as

I just dont want any changes made to lfs-6.0 that require more testing.
That way there will always be something and we'll never get it released.

Gerard Beekmans

/* If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem */

More information about the lfs-dev mailing list