Manuel -- outstanding layout issues

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 13 14:58:19 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 13:07, M.Canales.es wrote:
> Sure, the list of personalized tags is growing very fast. A README is needed
> before I also forgot how to use some of them ;-)

Good idea :)

> In the original DocBook-XSL that math is used only for secX titles, all other
> titles (book, part, chapter, appendix, index) are hardcoded to 24.8832pt.
> IMHO, it's a bug :-/

That bite. well, hardcoded it is if that's how it's going to be. As long
as it looks good.

> {xsl:param name="body.font.master"}10{/xsl:param}
>
> in lfs-pdf.xsl.
>
> Changing it to "9" is enought to obtain the dessired effect, and now the title
> for sect "7.4. Device and Module Handling on an LFS System" is also in one
> line.

What is the body.font.master used by again? Does this change the regular
text of the book too (the actual content in paragraphs)? If so,that
shouldn't happen. The text is at the right size now and it shouldn't be
made smaller or larger at all.

If I remember correctly the actual text size is also hard-coded and set
to 12pt by way of body.font.size, correct?

If the master is lowered to 9, what are the exact repercussions?

> But if you want that change, many of the current {beginpage/} tags must be
> removed and readded to the new proper places.

I would like if we didn't have to do that. It takes a long time to do
that. Every time a few tags are added the PDF has to be recreated which
takes a minute or two, check the layout, add more or change existing
ones. If we can just fix the section font sizes it shouldn't affect the
page breaks (not much anyway).