LFS 6.0 BootCD - A call for testers

!zealot nobody at nowhere.com
Mon Sep 13 18:31:41 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Just wanted to announce that a pre-release version of the LFS 6 cd
> is
> available for download.  Of course, if you download the cd,
> realize that you have the responsibility to reply to this thread
> with some sort of feedback. :)

  I just booted up a spare PC using the bootcd and it seems to work
fine in console mode. However, I encountered the 'erratic mouse'
problem in X and Fluxbox. This was a reportedly common problem when
using a PS/2 MS Intellimouse/Explorer wheel mouse and can be easily
overcome by passing "psmouse.proto=imps" to the kernel upon bootup.
Could you put a note on this on the 'greeting' screen so that users
of the type of mouse can overcome the problem?
  BTW, my hardware consists of an AthlonXP 2600, MSI 6330 V5
Motherboard (VIA chipset), 512 MB of RAM, 3-Com 3C509B NIC and
nVidia GeForce2MX video card + Samsung SyncMaster 955DF 19"
monitor. Oh, and a MS-Intellimouse PS/2 mouse :)
  I am now testing the bootcdrom by trying to install LFS 6.0 using
X and Fluxbox, Firefox and a console. BTW, any way to increase the
size of the font on the console? They are a bit too small on my
monitor. I will report any hiccups as I go along.

--
I am nobody . . . certainly no one you wish to know :-)
All e-mail replies will be relayed to my tame 'black hole'