Text removed between LFS 5.1 and Testing

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 14 06:45:03 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 11:20, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Is it possible to get a copy of current testing in html format with a
> proper 6.0 header/title?  One that doesn't say Version 6.0-testing-
> 20040903, etc.  Actually whatever will match the printed book will be
> great.  Just want to make the version on the cd a *proper* version.
> Doesn't seem right to have it say 'testing'

Certainly. When I deem the testing branch ready I send the PDF to the
publisher. That makes 6.0 final. Any changes made then will go int
unstable because i can't send the publisher a new PDF once it's being
processed. So at that point testing will contain the proper version tag
anyways to general the online versions too. The CD can lag behind a bit
since it'll take a bit of time to print the books.