LFS 6.0 BootCD - A call for testers

DaClink daclink at hellishwasteland.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 10:39:23 PDT 2004

Just booted the CD... it worked great.
One thing that did bug me (I'm probably being picky here) was that because i have no dhcp server the dhcp client failed. This caused no problems because i simply setup the network manually later.

However maybe adding prompt similar to the following could be useful.

"How would you like to network card to be configured? [D]hcp,[M]anually, [S]kip"

The Manual option would then prompt for IP etc.

It might be more hassle than its worth, but its an idea.

--
DaClink

Email: daclink at hellishwasteland.co.uk

__

War, natures way of giving Americans a geography lesson!