Bootscript Updates

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 22:01:20 PDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:54:49 -0600, Nathan Coulson <conathan at gmail.com> wrote:
> DJ has done alot of work reorganizing the functions file for the
> purpose of bootscript logging and reorganizing.  I am going to
> incorperate the changes that wont break any current scripts for now.
> Once BLFS has updated their bootscripts to the new layout, then we
> will be able to add logging support.
>
> I have already committed the blue bracket, the boot_mesg function [to
> replace echo].  (trivial so far, but I am not yet done).  [I'm going
> through DJ's new function file, and modifying as I go.  I'll put up a
> testing tarball once I am done the function changes.  I shall put up a
> 2nd one when I replaced all echo with boot_mesg commands].
>
> (No clue if commands work as are in svn, I shall test them after I
> make up the first tarball)
>
> I also put in a change so that stty size not repeatedly called.  Jim
> has been working on a new parallel bootscript concept, and he has
> found that stty size cannot be called by 2 or more threads
> simutaniously.  (Does not affect bootscripts as they currently are).
>
> Nathan Coulson (conathan)

I have finished modifying the functions file.  [There has only been
changes to the functions script at this time].  If anyone is
interested in taking a look, you may download a beta version at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~nathan/lfs-bootscripts/lfs-bootscripts-20040915.tar.bz2

DJ was doing something with his func_echo [boot_mesg in my changes],
which I did not completely understand.  [Looked like you could add to
the output of the last line, if you never used evaluate_retval].  I
left that off for now...  (sorry DJ).

(I dont think there's any noticeable changes BTW, so it is probably
not worth upgrading at this time.  It probably doesnt work at this
time anyway)
--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------