LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 16 05:02:45 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 20:30 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Please don't let this CD go out as an official LFS product with an ALFS
> profile that isn't available from the ALFS project. Support questions
> about the profile are going to come to alfs-discuss, and if we didn't
> release the profile it will be hard for us to help them.
>
> If you have changes that need to be made to bring the profile up to date
> with the book, please send a patch to alfs-discuss. We'll get it merged
> into SVN as soon as possible. Thanks!

Not a problem. I hadn't given thought to that aspect of it.  The profile
I included on the cd can currently be seen in my home folder:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~jhuntwork/

Will try to make a patch for you shortly to bring it up to date with
current testing.

Other than that, the only difference is that seeing that the source
packages on the cd are all bz2 files, the digest checking has been
disabled - I don't mind using an 'official' ALFS profile, one that even
inlcudes digest checking but:

1) The packages, being that they're included on the cd shouldn't really
*need* digest checking

2) I'd like to keep all the packages as bz2 files, for the sake of
consistency and better compression.

In that case, would it be possible to have a separate profile for the
cd, but that is 'official', supported by the ALFS project?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net