LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 16 08:00:46 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Will try to make a patch for you shortly to bring it up to date with
> current testing.

Thanks.

> 1) The packages, being that they're included on the cd shouldn't really
> *need* digest checking

Agreed.

> 2) I'd like to keep all the packages as bz2 files, for the sake of
> consistency and better compression.

Agreed.

> In that case, would it be possible to have a separate profile for the
> cd, but that is 'official', supported by the ALFS project?

Yes. If you can provide two patches, one that brings the testing profile
up to date with what you are shipping, and the other that removes the
digest checking and changes the tarball names, I will make a branch of
the profile called LFS-6.0-CD that represents what gets shipped on the CD.