LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round
jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 16 09:18:07 PDT 2004
On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 08:00 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Yes. If you can provide two patches, one that brings the testing profile
> up to date with what you are shipping, and the other that removes the
> digest checking and changes the tarball names, I will make a branch of
> the profile called LFS-6.0-CD that represents what gets shipped on the CD.
Here ya go.
1) profile-update.patch will bring the current testing branch in svn up-
to-date with the changes made to testing in the last week.
* Adjusts packages.ent in config_separate to include the
zlib-security-patch, util-linux-sfdisk-patch & texinfo-segfault
* Updates zlib.xml, util-linux.xml, texinfo.xml in chapter06
* Updates chapter05/creatingtoolsdir.xml
2) bootcd-branch.patch will make the adjustments for the bootcd-branch.
* Updates config_separate/packages.ent to make all packages .bz2
* Removes digest tags
* Changes runit to specify nALFS, instead of /usr/local/bin/nALFS
* Specifies package location in config_separate/general.ent
Hope this is acceptable.
If possible, it would also be nice to remove config_tarball from the
bootcd-branch, as that would never be used, and change config_separate
to become config. Just a thought.
More information about the lfs-dev