LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Thu Sep 16 09:34:14 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 12:20:28PM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 21:47 +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> > 2) Could you please add support for PPPoE?
>
> Any pointers you may already have in successfully setting that up would
> be appreciated. :)

I've set it up on LFS 5-ish before.  I was able to use the rp-pppoe
package to do it:

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_rp-pppoe.php

I did have to change some stuff to get it to not overwrite
/etc/resolv.conf when the PPPoE connection came up (actually I just
inserted a delay in the bootscripts), but this is only because that
machine also runs a DNS server and I needed to add localhost to
resolv.conf for that to work right.  It shouldn't be required for the
boot CD.