LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 16 10:05:20 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> 1) profile-update.patch will bring the current testing branch in svn up-
> to-date with the changes made to testing in the last week.
>   * Adjusts packages.ent in config_separate to include the
>     zlib-security-patch, util-linux-sfdisk-patch & texinfo-segfault
>     patch
>   * Updates zlib.xml, util-linux.xml, texinfo.xml in chapter06
>   * Updates chapter05/creatingtoolsdir.xml

Perfect. I'll need to update the version to match, and double check
against the LFS book (meaning I have to wade through all the text/XML
changes too <G>).

> 2) bootcd-branch.patch will make the adjustments for the bootcd-branch.
>   * Updates config_separate/packages.ent to make all packages .bz2
>   * Removes digest tags
>   * Changes runit to specify nALFS, instead of /usr/local/bin/nALFS
>   * Specifies package location in config_separate/general.ent

Yes, this is fine.

> If possible, it would also be nice to remove config_tarball from the
> bootcd-branch, as that would never be used, and change config_separate
> to become config.  Just a thought.

Those are good suggestions, I'll do those in the branch as well.

When I'm done, I'll make a tarball release of the branch and you can
compare to what you have already on the CD.