LFS 6.0 BootCD - A call for testers

Shane Shields silashields at ttnet.net.tr
Thu Sep 16 11:14:10 PDT 2004

On Thursday 16 September 2004 6:01 pm, Shane Shields wrote:
> I just downloaded and burnt the cd. First impression. Slick! When
> starting up X it wanted to overdrive my monitor, ie I couldn't see
> anything. This is on a HP dx2000mt with a hp 7500 17" monitor. Will look
> some more when I get home tonight.

One thing I noticed when I got home is that on the hp machine the splash
screen shows white but on my no-name it shows a pretty picture.

Unfortunately due to the cd booting off of my scsi cdwriter it died with a
kernal panic when trying to find the cd. I guess it doesn't have support for
scsi or my particular card (on board advansys from an iwill mb). Mounting the
cd under my own linux doesn't show me much.
--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source