LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round

!zealot nobody at nowhere.com
Thu Sep 16 20:08:14 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Thanks very much for your feedback and help testing! I think most
>> of your suggestions and comments I was able to use :)
>>

> * I confirm that there are no /dev/fd* devices for floppies.  I
> did a modprobe -a floppy and the cd loaded the floppy drive module
> and udev
> created the device on the fly (kewl).  Probably need to add this
> to the modules sysconfig file to be picked up by the modules
> script.

I also noted that the floppy was not detected during boot up - could
it be a problem in hardware detection? Oh BTW, if I do a 'modprobe
-a floppy' as suggested, the 'dd' command for creating a grub boot
floppy in Chapter 8 will now work correctly :)

--
I am nobody . . . certainly no one you wish to know :-)
All e-mail replies will be relayed to my tame 'black hole'