LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 17 06:11:29 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 21:28 +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Thanks very much for your feedback and help testing! I think most of
> > your suggestions and comments I was able to use :)
> >
> > There is a new iso available, bootcd-6.0-20040915.iso. You can find it
> > here:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/pub/lfs-boot-cd/
>
> I have tested this only remotely via qemu (due to bandwidth limitations
> at home). Found a bug: the kernel has been apparently built without
> support for hotplug.
>
> Sympthoms: after "modprobe rtc" there is no /dev/rtc. But when I run
> "udevstart", /dev/rtc appears.

Hmm. Looking at my .config, hotplug seems to be enabled, also you'll
notice it's run at boot.
Just tested on the latest version of the cd here. I plugged in my usb
flash drive, and it was seen right away, module loaded, and device nodes
written.  /dev/sda & /dev/sda1 were not present before.  After plugging
in the usb drive, /dev/sda & /dev/sda1 are present.

Will build rtc into the kernel. Are there other tests we could try to
just confirm all is well?

Thanks again for your help.

--
Jeremy Huntwork