LFS 6.0 BootCD - A call for testers

Andrei Oprisan aioprisan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:01:51 PDT 2004

Jeremy,

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:33:32 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork
<jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> We need to test this cd on as many sorts of i486 or better machines, to
> get an idea of its usability, so your help is greatly appreciated.

I am currently building the boot cd released on sept. 15th and have a
few comments:
forst of all, good job!
second of all, could you make another build of the X server which
includes more drivers for other video cards, except the generic vesa
driver?
please add the following in the host.def file of the x.org server build:

#define XF86CardDrivers         mga glint nv tga s3virge sis rendition \
                                neomagic i740 tdfx savage \
                                cirrus vmware tseng trident chips apm \
                                GlideDriver fbdev i128 \
                                ati AgpGartDrivers DevelDrivers ark cyrix \
                                siliconmotion \
                                vesa vga XF86OSCardDrivers XF86ExtraCardDrivers

moreover, after hotplug is started, could you add a line that would
symlink /dev/mouse to /dev/psaux, so that the mouse is seen in X
(without running startx && #getting an error && ln -s /dev/mouse
/dev/psaux && startx before one can use X).

finally, could you _please_ include mc in the upcoming cd build, as it
makes browsing, viewing, and editing files a much easier and pleasant
experience. can we have a vote on who would like to see mc in the
upcoming cd, please?

keep up the great work!

peace,
Andrei Oprisan

--
You have just recieved an Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't
have computers, it is based on the honor system. Please delete all the