LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round - nALFS error

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 17 19:27:41 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 22:07 +0300, Shane Shields wrote:
>
>>But the config file for the kernel on the cd can be included for people to use
>>as a base and guide for what they need on their systems. I find it easier to
>>make changes to an existing config than starting from scratch (pun intended)
>>and trying to remember what modules or settings I selected months ago.
>

> I"m fairly sure that you do *not* want to use the kernel I use for the
> cd as the kernel for your desktop.  Not even as a starting point,
> because it's configured for a 486 processor with all SCSI built in, with
> patches for speakup and squashfs, and loads of other modules.  The
> defaults that the .config has when you run make mrproper and make
> menuconfig are far more reasonable and make a *much* better starting
> point.

I agree on this point Jeremy.  Would you mind however, making a copy of
this .config file (the that make mrproper && make menuconfig creates)
out for the nALFS profile?  That would work I think.  That also saves
folks who may not have a kernel config handy to have one already for
nALFS to use.

Thoughts?

James