LFS 6 Boot CD - 2nd round - nALFS error

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 17 19:26:15 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 21:27 -0500, James Robertson wrote:
> I agree on this point Jeremy.  Would you mind however, making a copy of
> this .config file (the that make mrproper && make menuconfig creates)
> out for the nALFS profile?  That would work I think.  That also saves
> folks who may not have a kernel config handy to have one already for
> nALFS to use.
>
> Thoughts?

Well I could... but I think the defaults are going to be *slightly*
different for each machine.  I don't know where the kernel does this,
must be at some point in the make menuconfig, but I believe it sets up
different settings based on arch.  Like, if I run a make menuconfig on
my ppc, the processor for ppc is selected.  I believe something similar
happens for various x86 archs.  I don't know how extensive the
differences are.