LFS 6 Boot CD - 3rd and final round?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 20 17:27:13 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 17:16 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
> > Kevin, unless you have an objection, I'll be making this change to
> > testing-CD branch.
>
> I don't have any serious objection, but I wonder what the value of
> having the separate tarballs vs. the combined one on the CD is?

Well, there is none, really. I guess they're just there because that's
what I generally use to build, as I don't run the testsuites on each gcc
pass.  Now that I think about it, it probably would be the better
solution to include the gcc full package, perhaps even in addition to
the separates, so that the user can make the choice, and edit the
profile accordingly if he desires to use the separate packages.

Perhaps that's what I'll do.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net