Chapter 6 - Readjusting toolchain

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 21 13:44:38 PDT 2004

news:20040921183632.799f13ee.matthew at linuxfromscratch.org...

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/chapter03/chapter03.html#materials-introduction
> says to create $LFS/sources.  As we chroot into $LFS, then that
> binutils-build directory should now be available at
> $LFS/sources/binutils-build.

Got me here.  This was a change I never incorporated in my builds.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/testing/chapter06/readjusting.html
> then?  The bit in the "Caution" box in big red writing? :)  This should
> have alerted you to a problem early enough so as to correct it before
> too much time was lost.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Matt.

Cannot remember.  How is this going to catch the 'ld' file linked to the
wrong directory, looks like it will only catch the specs file.  The 'ld'
shows up when you delete the "tools" directory.

Larry