LFS 6 Boot CD - 3rd and final round?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 22 05:47:36 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 14:42 +0200, Stefan Hecker wrote:
> I haven't had any time to check myself, so i'll ask it here.
> Does the CD include support for Reiser4? I really would like to see
> support in the Kernel and maybe the tools package on the disc.
> Hope its no problem to add that to the CD.

Stefan, no it doesn't, nor, I think, will it.  Presently, efforts to
build LFS using Reiser4 have failed.  Glibc has the tendency to error
out.  Reiser4 may however, make a good file system for storage and you
could always consider adding that support and a Reiser4 partition after
you've completed your build with the cd.

Personally, I love reiserfs, and would like to see Reiser4 reach
stability.  If it can be shown to me that it has, and it makes a
workable filesystem for building LFS, I would consider putting it on
future cds.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net