LFS 6 Boot CD - 3rd and final round?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 22 07:02:56 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> And similar wording in gcc Pass 2 where you're told to unpack g++, too.
> Likewise in chapter 6, you're told to unpack them all.  If we had only
> had just the one tarball, I could see how this would be confusing to
> someone LFSing for the first time.

Yes, you are correct. The "single tarball" use in the profile is a
leftover from when the book (unstable) was using gcc snapshots, and
there were no split tarballs.

At this point, the testing and testing-CD branches should be converted
back to using split tarballs, to match the book. I believe all the
original unpacking instructions are still in place (just commented out),
so this should be a pretty easy change to make.