udev [ -f /dev/.udev.tdb ] test

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 21:06:33 PDT 2004

on lfs-hackers, it looks like this line causes a bit of grief for some people.

[ -f /dev/.udev.tdb ]  && exit 0

It means, if /dev is writeable before udev, and something causes a
hotplug event [on a system with /sbin/hotplug].

Mostly the people working on the bootcd's have noticed this.  (BTW,
there's a sed on the kernel page to prevent hotpug from running until
userspace is ready for it)

If people want it to stay, I am going to have it output a warning
message saying devices have already been initialized.

thought I'd mention it before I take action
--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------