udev [ -f /dev/.udev.tdb ] test

Andy Neebel aneebel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 13:53:07 PDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:34:23 +0200, M.Canales.es
<manuel at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

I don't know about this, I have an SATA drive as my primary/only linux
drive, and I can boot linux fine without need an initrd.  I don't know
if I'm using libata or not ( I think so, is that what the 2.6 SATA
drivers are based on? ) but I compile the drivers into my kernel and
that seems to work fine.  I don't know about usb however, but I would
think that it would be the same way.

Andy