udev [ -f /dev/.udev.tdb ] test

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 24 18:49:33 PDT 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:

> So, you'd rather get rid of the check, and always setup a fresh /dev
> directory, with a initramfs as a long term solution?

Yes, I think that is the best course of action. I was the one who
originally requested Zack to add this test, but I don't know if anyone
else is relying on it.

I'm certainly not relying on it any longer, because the boot process I
was using (where an initial /dev directory is populated and then moved
into the real root filesystem after pivot_root-ing) had other problems
and was too hard to manage.