LFS6 BootCD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 25 19:57:15 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 21:39 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 20:13 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Jeremy,
> >   I've taken a look at the BootCD and it looks pretty good.  It detects
> > everything I need on my Dell Laptop C840, including nic and usb mouse.
> > X/fluxbox comes up in 1600x1200 and the fonts are a bit small, but quite
> > usable.
> >
> >   My question is about xterm.  It doesn't have a scroll bar and I can't
> > get one even if I start with -rightbar or -leftbar.  Did you do anything
> > in particular to get this behavior?
>
> Sorry about that last post, my finger slipped on the mouse. :(
>
> I didn't do anything special to make that happen, no.  Give me a few
> minutes to look into it.

Hmm. Well, the size of the font you should be able to adjust to your
needs by playing with the fluxbox styles.  As far as the xterm
scrollbars, I have no clue.  It wasn't working for me here either.  It
looks like that's something that fluxbox does.  I'll try to check it out
when I have more time, but I don't think any changes in that aspect will
go into the next iso.  If if really is a fluxbox issue, I'm sure it's
configurable.  Otherwise, you can always edit root's .xinitrc to not use
fluxbox...

But, glad you liked the cd otherwise :)

--
Jeremy Huntwork