LFS6 BootCD

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sun Sep 26 02:13:36 PDT 2004

* Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> [2004-09-26 09:00]:

>  My question is about xterm.  It doesn't have a scroll bar and I can't
> get one even if I start with -rightbar or -leftbar.  Did you do anything
> in particular to get this behavior?

I believe you need to use the -sb flag at the sime time, i.e.:

  xterm -sb -rightbar

A simple -*bar doesn't work for me (in my regular LFS, running openbox)
but adding -sb works. My .Xdefaults resources for xterm disable the
scrollbar, and I believe that trumps the -*bar switch; specifying the
-sb switch overrides the setting in the resource file.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/