LFS6 BootCD

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sun Sep 26 13:05:16 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 11:13 +0200, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
>

>>I believe you need to use the -sb flag at the sime time, i.e.:
>>
>>  xterm -sb -rightbar
>>
>>A simple -*bar doesn't work for me (in my regular LFS, running openbox)
>>but adding -sb works. My .Xdefaults resources for xterm disable the
>>scrollbar, and I believe that trumps the -*bar switch; specifying the
>>-sb switch overrides the setting in the resource file.
>>

>Confirmed. This works on the bootcd. Thanks for the tip Miguel! :)

I checked it out too.  Perhaps the CD should have a .Xresources file and
the .xinitrc do a 'xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources'

The contents of ~/.Xresources might be:

xterm*font:           fixed
xterm*scrollBar:      true
xterm*foreground:     black
# Set background to a paper like color
xterm*background:     rgb:fa/fa/d2
xterm*scrollKey:      true
xterm*rightScrollBar: true

Additionally, adding a default xclock and xload app to ~/.xinitrc, say
in the upper right hand corner, would be a nice touch:

xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources
xclock -g 50x50-0+0 &
xload -g 50x50-0+75 &
fluxbox