LFS 6 Boot CD - 3rd and final round?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 26 19:36:13 PDT 2004

Brian Beattie wrote:
> I tried to use the ALFS profile on the second boot CD, and profile
> called for gcc-3.4.1.tar.bz2 (I think) which was not on the CD and then
> the glibc check in chapter 6 failed.  I assume that both these failures
> are know.  is there an ALFS profile for 6.0 somewhere that I can grab?

ALFS questions should go to alfs-discuss.

However, the answer to your question is yes, the gcc problems are known,
and already fixed in the CD's 3rd draft version. In the meantime, you
can grab the current LFS-testing-CD profile from the ALFS SVN repository
(under ALFS/profiles/LFS/branches/testing-CD).

I can't speak to the glibc check failure; since you didn't provide any
details it's hard to know what went wrong :-)