Kernel Headers Nitpick

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 28 00:03:13 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Unstable LFS is following this practice now, and has been for well over a
> month, with limited issues (We still have to point ch5 glibc to the
> headers, otherwise it tends to end up grabbing headers from the host).

Just to clarify what Jeremy said here: in unstable's chapter 5, glibc is
still being built against sanitized headers (_not_ kernel headers), we
just have to tell glibc where to find them, so it won't use any headers
from the host.

Current unstable does not even unpack the kernel tarball until chapter 8.