Coreutils Nitpick

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Tue Sep 28 15:17:12 PDT 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> "The following patch fixes this behavior for Intel architectures:"
>
> Best as I can tell, the patch fixes it for more than just Intel
> arches. I know it fixes it for my athlon-4. Perhaps:
>
> s/Intel/x86/   ??

When I see "Intel" I think "Intel compatible", which includes AMD's 32
and 64 bit chips (and also Via C3s, etc.)...  but that's just me.

Maybe that's because there are no (functional) differences between the
Intel chips and the clones, and therefore it makes no sense to me to
differentiate them for something like this?  I can see that that's not
intuitive, though.