PCMCIA on 6.0 bootcd

Andy Neebel aneebel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:12:10 PDT 2004

Not sure what you want to do about this, but I'm trying to use the
bootcd on my laptop, which has no onboard network capabilities, so I
have to use pcmcia-cs usually.  I have learned that the pcmcia modules
are on the disc, and my sockets are automatically detected and the
drivers for them loaded, but I am unable to load drivers for my LAN
card.  I found the driver for it, and it loads, but nothing happens, I
can't find the eth device for it after it loads.

I'm guess that this is how the cd is set up, but I think that you
should either install pcmcia-cs or remove all of the pcmcia drivers
completely

Andy