quick updates

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 29 15:59:01 PDT 2004

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Been busy around here and a friend from the Netherlands whom I haven't
> seen in several years unexpectedly came over so I've been occupied
> catching up and stuff.
>
> A few more last edits will go in the book soon and I will of course
> catch up with this list and take care of whatever has to be taken care
> of.
>
> If there are no actual bugs other than some textual nitpicks here and
> there, then the book will be finished when these last ones go in
> tomorrow and get it off to the printers. Finally.
>
> More updates tomorrow when I have a better idea of the outstanding
> issues.

Only one thing that came up today, was the fact that there are 13
official patches for various problems with bash-3.0 and 5 patches for
readline-5.0.  Jim's made a conglomeration patch so all that should be
required is a change in the patch names in the book.  It's fairly
trivial (book editing wise), but greatly improves the quality of bash &
readline.  The individual patches are at:
ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/bash-3.0-patches/ and
ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/readline-5.0-patches/ respectively.

Cheers,

Matt.