quick updates

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 29 18:52:59 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> Only one thing that came up today, was the fact that there are 13
> official patches for various problems with bash-3.0 and 5 patches for
> readline-5.0.  Jim's made a conglomeration patch so all that should be
> required is a change in the patch names in the book.  It's fairly
> trivial (book editing wise), but greatly improves the quality of bash &
> readline.  The individual patches are at:
> ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/bash-3.0-patches/ and
> ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/readline-5.0-patches/ respectively.

I'm in the middle of building LFS-6.0-testing-20040928 as I write
this. I've not installed Chapter 6 bash yet. I have installed
Chapter 6 readline.

What's the chances these patches will make it into LFS-6.0?

If good, I'll go back and re-install Readline and continue on
with the build.

Please advise on this ASAP.

Thanks,
Randy