gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Aug 3 18:37:13 PDT 2005
steve crosby wrote:
> Just a heads up - util-linux 2.13 will remove several items, as per
> the following changelog entry for pre1
Here are some other observations after a quick review:
- `elvtune' is no longer built by default (the configure --help output
says it only works with 2.2 and 2.4 kernels anyway)
- `raw' is no longer built by default (probably not missed by most folks)
- `write' is no longer built by default (should this be installed by
default? If yes, pass `--enable-write' to configure)
- `rdev' is no longer built by default (should this be installed by
default? If yes, pass `--enable-rdev' to configure)
- `wall' is now built be default. This will conflict with sysvinit. Will
need to pass `--disable-wall' to fix this.
- `setfdprm' is gone, yet `/etc/fdprm' is still installed. This looks
like a bug methinks.
- `sln' is gone. (the man page for sln used to be installed by default)
- losetup, pivot_root, swapon and swapoff have all moved from /sbin to
- `scriptreplay' now gets installed by default
- the dir /usr/share/misc/getopt has become /usr/share/getopt
- these symlinks are installed in /sbin all pointing to `initctl':
`display-services' `need' `provide'. Bug? Prolly.
- these symlinks are installed in /sbin all pointing to `shutdown':
`fastboot' `fasthalt' `halt' `reboot'. Bug? Prolly.
The LFS build cmds for util-linux will obviously need an overhaul when
this new version is released for real.
More information about the lfs-dev