Bzip2 documentation

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Wed Aug 3 20:03:53 PDT 2005

Hi all,

There is a manual in html, pdf and ps formats along with a bzip2.txt
file included in the Bzip2 source tree. This documentation is not
installed in the default installation.

Attached is a patch that can be installed using the LFS conventional
method of 'patch -Np1 -i ../patchname' which will install the docs to
/usr/share/doc/bzip2-1.0.3.

I suggest this patch is incorporated into the default LFS builds.

Keep in mind that this patch will require some maintenance when the
Bzip2 package is updated, as the version number is hard-wired into
the patch. I couldn't find any version entity or anything in the
Makefile that I could reference to get a version number.

--
Randy

21:58:00 up 123 days, 21:31, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.02