[RFC] Add CrackLib to Chapter 6 LFS

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 4 21:42:10 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:36:46PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> You are entitled to your opinion, thanks for offering it. Though I
> cannot see why you think that by installing *one* simple library, and
> the accompanying dictionary, is something that we would not want to
> suggest in the default LFS build, seeing how it plugs such a big
> security gap in the current LFS build.

This is not a security gap in LFS any more than the lack of a firewall
which, just like cracklib, *may* or *may not* be needed for a person's
personal situation. Regardless, it is completely unneeded for a base
development system. I vote for a link to BLFS only.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs