[RFC] Add CrackLib to Chapter 6 LFS

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Aug 4 22:23:17 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:

>But can't the same thing be said for many of the LFS packages. :-)

Heh, you are correct sir.  :)

It is hard to give good arguments for this question.  I cannot argue
that it isn't a useful library, and I use cracklib on every LFS system I
build, but I install pam as well, following the BLFS instructions.  I
just think most users go on to BLFS after LFS anyways, and there is a
whole section on security right at the beginning.  Then can install
cracklib,pam and shadow together.  The instructions for installing
cracklib+shadow-pam could just be a note in BLFS saying, "install shadow
exactly as in LFS adding the "--enable-cracklib" (or whatever the flag
is called) flag."

Justin